Saturday, August 23, 2008

Rakhi - A Creative Bonding

Raksha Bandhan symbolizes the bond of love between a brother and sister. For me its a perfect event to show off my mini creations. Since the age of 10 I have been making rakhis at home for my brother and cousins. They are so easy and fun to make, especially the Rakhis that have kids character, music and lights. The most creative Rakhi that I have ever made was of chocolate, yes real chocolate. I collected various mini bars of chocolates and assembled them on a rakhi base like foam. Then decorated them with beads, flowers and stickers. I think my little cousins enjoyed those as they could tear it apart and eat the chocolate later.

Below is the picture of a rakhi that I created for my brother this year. I stuck a plastic flower to the rakhi base. On the top of the flower, I glued a decorative stone and then topped it with a bead. Lastly I added the thread to the base. It took just a couple of minutes to make this handmade rakhi. I hope my brother enjoys wearing this rakhi as much as I enjoyed creating it.



I am sending this article to the Rakhi Event hosted by Vani of My Creations Thanks Vani for putting such a creative bonding event.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hey - This is so sweet! I am sure your brother loved teh thought that you took the effort in making it for him.

Illatharasi said...

Check the round up of RAKHI Event @

http://creationsss.blogspot.com/2008/09/rakhi-event-round-up.html

Thanks for participating:)